Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another Fabulous Weekend In Progress



On the heels of the melancholy season change thoughts, I always have a surge of gratitude for the life that Erick and I share. This weekend is a perfect example of how much I have to be grateful for. During our miniature heat wave yesterday, Sophia and I spent the afternoon out front with all of our neighbors. Just laughing and enjoying the company. Today was a wonderful day for all of us. Our little family had a wonderful morning just hanging out and having lots of toddler fun. Sophia is in a very challenging phase right now where she spends a lot of time alone because of something completely rude or aggressive that she has done. My Parents as Teachers educator assures me that this is completely natural and that we will all survive. Still. . . we are even more grateful for the moments of happiness and tranquility with our little girl.

After a wonderful morning, Sophia went to David and Casey's to play while we went to Houlihan's and watched Vantage Point. I would recommend Houlihan's, but not the movie. Vantage Point was a pretty good movie, but it didn't surprise me as much as they thought it would. Houlihan's was really interesting. It was very hip and happening, and the food was delicious. It was delightful to enjoy a meal without concern for the location of the cutlery or beverages. We are looking forward to returning the favor tomorrow and hang out with the boys for a while. It always makes Sophia's day to hang out with her cousins. So I can end the day feeling grateful for our own adventure, even if it all takes place in the familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment