Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Brief Moment

One of my favorite things that happens is when you're driving along, probably sitting at a stoplight, singing loudly to the radio, when a stranger pulls up next to you or turns in front of you singing to the same song. It's a brief moment in time. Blink and you'll miss it. Just a glimmer of the realization that while I'm living and breathing and singing, millions of other people are sharing this experience with me. For some reason, these tiny little glimpses into what are really insignificant moments, become much more to me. They become some sort of glue holding our experiences together. Weird, I know. Anyway, just wanted to share that one with you and ask you this question.

1 comment:

  1. Ever have the "Office Space" thing happen? An all-time funny scene to me, the whitest boys on earth get "caught" singing gangsta rap at a stop light. I have. There are certain words I never say, of course, so I try to just continue with my mangling.

    ReplyDelete