Sunday, November 9, 2008

Probably the most I've ever done in 1 day

Saturday was packed. We started the day trying to get family photos at Creative Photo in Columbia. That experience was worth its own entire post, so I may get around to that some time. Let's just say that Sophia was more than a little stubborn, and the pictures we got were in spite of her best efforts to appear disinterested.

After our morning together, we dropped Sophia off with Grandmary so we could have a day of fun with our friends. We met Brian and Janelle at Living Canvas Tattoo downtown. Yep.

We each have a permanent reminder of our enjoyable day courtesy of Peter the artist. His work was fabulous, although painful.

Here is Erick's finished product.

And mine.

But we weren't finished yet! After getting our new artwork, we bundled it all up to head out to watch the Tigers destroy the Wildcats.

With a windchill of 29 degrees at kickoff, we only made it to halftime and watched the rest of the game in the warmth of the Chandler home. It was a great way to end an incredibly busy day. Now we're just keeping our artwork clean and trying to convince Sophia that she doesn't need a tattoo.

10 comments:

  1. awesome! can't wait to see em' in person.
    ~erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd go ahead and let you know I just put on my fancy shoes for the picture. I was wearing pajama pants, but I thought the shoes really helped showcase the new tat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had to look long and hard to figure out that is was your ankle. i wasn't sure what kind of harness Erick had you strapped in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the games to go to this year you picked the coldest one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Amy, that was unexpected. Glad you figured it out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tats. So I do have to agree that it took me a couple of seconds to figure out the body part as well with all the straps involved! LOL. glad that you chose the foot...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. I tried to look at it really quickly with fresh eyes just to see what you all are looking at. I'm just not seeing it! Looks like a foot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure you've been to New Orleans?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with some of the other posters...it took me a while to figure out where exactly your tattoo is located. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, those are cool.
    I saw some pirate tattoos in the line at Wal-mart today. Just thinking that Sophie might like to join in on the fun;)

    ReplyDelete