Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Homecoming

This last weekend, Erick and I returned to our old stomping grounds of Point Lookout, Missouri - better known as College of the Ozarks in Branson. If you're not familiar, it's a work-study college with conservative roots and lots of rules. After spending only a couple of hours back on the grounds, I was reminded why, other than the debt-free education, I was willing to sacrifice some personal freedom for four years. The campus is seriously beautiful. Fall was always my favorite there, too. The school is just above Lake Taneycomo in the Ozarks, and it is nearly always a feast for the eye.

Here is where I stayed for the first year. My room was on the third floor, just to the left of the small bathroom window in the middle. It was the smallest living space I've ever seen. But it was fun. The fountain to the right was my favorite part of this room. Risha and I left our windows open as long as we could just so we could sleep to the sound of that fountain.

During our short Homecoming tour, we got to see a few of our old friends. Sophia was excited to see Baby Jacqueline, since we haven't seen them since they moved away from CoMo.

I was particularly excited to see Cindy and Jimmy Kinser. Not only because they have a brand new beautiful addition in Josie, but also because I haven't seen Cindy (my roommate senior year) since our weddings in June of 2002! Not cool.

It was great to walk around a little and see some places that really changed my life. This is the chapel where Erick and I were married.

This is Point Lookout. I cut out all the people reminiscing on the spot, so I didn't get the entire vista. This location meant a lot of things to a lot of people. Some folks knew it better as Point Makeout, but for me, it was a place where I could try to sort out my future plans and just take a moment to commune with nature, God and myself.

Here's the way Sophia likes to do just that.

3 comments:

  1. It is certainly beautiful this time of year! It was great to see the Creaches again. Go Bobcats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love hearing your rememberings. homecomings are special times. i'm glad you guys had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice school! We visited in August when we went to Branson. It's a beautiful campus, and it's good to know about. I hope some of my clients will end up there if they can get in.

    ReplyDelete