Sunday, November 23, 2008

Something for Now

With all the illness in the house this week, there hasn't been much that we'd want on the internet. So...I thought I'd share a random thought. It seems I've been having a lot of those lately. Maybe I'll share a few more another day.

When Sophia was a baby like this,

I used to hate it when she got passed around. I was never nervous about germs or anything (big shock). I just hated it that she didn't smell like us any more. I remember thinking at the time that it must be some sort of weird bonding thing. Even writing now sounds pretty strange. But when you hold your tiny baby and they smell like someone else's cologne or perfume or body wash, it just doesn't seem right. Now I can never slow her down enough to smell her. Back then, it would always end like this

4 comments:

  1. The other day a nice older woman retired from my workplace. One hug in the morning and I was perfumed all day. The solution is for people to stop wearing cologne and perfume. Just my opinion.

    P.S., yeah, you're weird

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just having that conversation with another mom earlier this week! Yes, wierd, but maybe just the animal mama instinct in us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She had a ton of hair... so cute!
    I'd lather on the baby lotion after my babies were held by others.

    ReplyDelete