Monday, November 17, 2008

Leaves


This afternoon, we enjoyed a few minutes outside in the chilly fall air. After a trying trip to Walmart, where I ended up buying a package of whole wheat pitas for no other reason than that Sophia bit the package open (yes, she is a wild animal), I was glad for the chance to blow off some steam outside. I got a little (very little, actually) work done in the garage while Sophia played outside.

Then I glanced over and noticed the look on her face. She may have still been an animal, but at least she was free.

No longer caged in the house or the cart, she was just ecstatic to be outside. It is going to be a long winter, but maybe we'll get these little reprieves now and then.

Anyway, the point is, I was grateful for a breath of fresh air in the midst of a . . . Monday.

1 comment: