Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Cat


Some people say that their pets are like children to them. I can honestly say that Sophia is like a cat to us. That's because for the last four or five days, the first thing we hear over the monitor in the morning or after nap is . . . "Meow!" This typically lasts for at least thirty minutes into the day. I'm not a morning person. Have I mentioned that? That is part of the reason I don't have a real cat. So, while you may think it's funny or cute, imagine what it is really like to wake up to a 36'' tall cat pawing at your legs with a constant "Meow, meow, meow." Ugh.

She sometimes reverts to her feline ways throughout the day. That part actually comes in handy. When she isn't coming when it's time to go, all I have to do is crouch down and call, "Here, kitty, kitty!" Like a real cat, she just can't resist.

I was hoping the cat thing might actually help with beginning a potty training discussion, but she seems content to be the cat who wears a diaper. I'm not pushing that because, knowing her, she'd probably wind up asking for a litter box, rather than the toilet.

In the picture above, she is, in fact, being a cat. She was meowing and rubbing against the camera. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment