Thursday, August 20, 2009

Electricity

We woke up this morning at 6 a.m. to no power. I wasn't sure Sophia was awake, but when I got close to her door, I heard, "Mommy?" softly. We don't always turn on the TV when Sophia wakes up, but if it's early we do. Not so this morning. I love electricity. I'm grateful for modern conveniences. Here's proof of my love.



I love the way you keep my house cool.
The power you send to Sophia's sound machine helps us all sleep soundly.

Food lasts much longer when you help preserve it.
So I don't have to cook as often or buy fresh food daily.
Not to mention the microwave. Ah - the microwave - provided by your faithfulness.
I am forever in your debt.

Sophia loves to watch Dora in the morning.
I love it when she does that, too.
Especially at or before 6 a.m.

I really like knowing what time it is.
That way I know when to eat my snack.
I also like coffee. I can't make (or heat up old) coffee without you,
and that sucks for all the reasons I already mentioned.

Showering and going to the bathroom just aren't as much fun in the dark.
Candlelight and open windows are great when it's cool,
but Electricity, you light up my life.

We had our electricity back by 8:30. Two and a half hours made me grateful. Imagine how I'd feel after a whole morning?! Just more groggy, probably.

1 comment:

  1. Every time we have an outage I vow anew that I will prepare better for the next time: food, water, shelter. But then the power/water/whatever comes back and I move on with life and forget.

    ReplyDelete