Thursday, August 13, 2009

Girly

Sophia isn't exactly a girly girl - at least not yet. Her favorite thing is to get dirty and muddy. She can be a very scary dinosaur. She can be very loud when she so desires.

Every now and then, she lets her inner princess shine. I have been trying to get her to let me paint her toenails for a very long time. Just a few weeks ago, she finally agreed. On one condition. She had to paint mine first.

Here is her work in progress.



And here she is sitting patiently getting her toesies pink.



I love having a girl.

7 comments:

  1. I think your photos are switched, otherwise Soph has a tattoo on her foot just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I fixed it. No tattoo yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls rule!!

    ~erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew and his wife had their first baby Tuesday and I just knew it ws going to be a boy. Well, it's a girl and coming home from OKC I made the mistake of stopping at Carter's - let's just say shopping for little girls is so much fun!!! Maybe someday I'll get to paint her toenails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you've got your girl, and I'm glad for me that I've got an awesome niece right across the street! I really love the second picture, how did you take that! I think it's def frame-worthy, little toes, fun memory, something to remind you that you're grateful for your girl when you need the reminding...

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Casey! I'm glad she has you too! Everybody needs an auntie. Erick took the picture. I should have said that up front. I'm not that skilled...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photos by Erick. Thanks for recognizing the talent.

    ReplyDelete