Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Smooth

Yesterday was my annual visit with my dermatologist. Ever since my bout with the skin cancer (read here), I have to have these little visits with Dr. Perry at least annually. What a highlight.

Anyway, somehow visiting the dermatologist is more awkward for me than visiting my lady doctor (and he's a man too). Let me give you an example. Yesterday, as Dr. Perry was checking me over for more spots, we're having some small talk, etc. He checked my back and said, "Your back is perfect." That statement wasn't awkward, and it would have remained so if I had responded with, "Good" or "Ok." Instead, I said "Thank you." Of course the doctor didn't say anything, but I wondered to myself if that was the response he was expecting. I realize he wasn't giving me a compliment, but then again I do have a nice back, so. . .

Clean bill, by the way. No more spots for now.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm laughing for a second time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Laurie, when the bone scan guy said I had "an unusually straight spine" I also said "thank you." We're polite.

    ReplyDelete