Friday, August 28, 2009

Two Nights


When Sophia wakes up from her nap, I am taking her to Grandmary's house to stay for (choking) two nights. The only other time we have left her for two nights was for our trip to New Orleans last fall. Something about two nights seems like an eternity. I am completely and fully aware that I am being ridiculous. But I'm just saying. I am going to miss my baby. Look at her!

We are going to the Lake with some friends to - well, to do as close to nothing as humanly possible. I think we will care for ourselves at some basic level, but we may just hope for the best. So, yes, I am looking forward to that like you wouldn't believe. I'm not going to spend my weekend pining for my almost-3-year-old. But if I shed a tear when I pull out of that driveway, don't judge me.


(In the picture, my eyes are closed because I'm Sleeping Beauty, and she is Prince Charming. She's kissing me to wake me up. See what I mean?)

No comments:

Post a Comment