Sunday, August 9, 2009

And another thing...

You know what else is just a number? Weight! Yeah, right. Anyway, this week I'm getting back on track for real. Eating healthy, working out - even if I can't make it to the gym and just being a little bit smarter.

I didn't weigh myself, though. I've found that the numbers don't mean anything in my mind. Can you tell that I'm not a numbers person? So this time, I decided to take a picture of myself - sports bra and shorts. All my summer of decadence glory. We'll see if that doesn't do the trick. No, I won't be posting it here unless I have a dramatic "after" shot to follow it. And since even my best shape is not really a dramatic "after" shot, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Wish me luck. I'm really not going to be giving it too much thought - I hope. So don't plan on seeing too much more about it here. I promise not to bore you with the details of my headaches and grumpiness, but keep that in mind. Just thought I'd share yet another disdain for numbers.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you look at your picture today and say with heart, "I may not weigh what I think I should, but damn I'm beautiful!" I completely agree that weight numbers do not matter, and I also think body shapes and rolls and wrinkles and dimples and veins do not matter one stinking bit.

    I support and encourage healthy eating and exercise, but I hope it's because we want to feel more energy and live a longer, quality life with your friends and family.

    I get a little jazzed about poor body image. You're beautiful already, so I hope your commitment gives you more energy and confidence and a healthier life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DVD! I actually do have a MUCH better body image now than I ever did when I was "thinner." Interesting. Must have something to do with maturity.

    I just couldn't really think of a better way to judge the success or failure of a stretch of healthier eating. I can't really measure a "feeling" of health at this point because I feel pretty fit. I think it's a matter of my age number catching up to my metabolism.

    Seriously, though, I do appreciate and understand what you're saying. I also agree that I'm beautiful. :) If only I could get rid of this VanDyke chin....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brother you have!! He speaks such truth. I love it that he tells you, "you're beautiful" because you are, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the list of things that you love at the moment. lol. Your beautiful and you're witty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But your list says that you love chicken! Do you really love it? Or are you trying to talk yourself into loving it? Anyhoo, making another start at health and fitness is to be admired and supported. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you already feel pretty fit and feel beautiful just like you are, why are you making any changes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a fair question, David. The only answer I have is that I can't afford to buy a bigger wardrobe and the one I have is stretched to its limit.... So, while I may think I'm beautiful in clothes that fit, nobody looks good as a sausage.

    ReplyDelete