Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why I Blog

I don't know if I've ever posted this before, and that's my point exactly.

The Creach Spot isn't for you. I love the fact that there are a few people who read this to keep up on our lives and enjoy hearing stories about Sophia. I especially love when people enjoy my writing. But that's not why I write this. I write this stuff down because I have the worst memory known to humankind for a person my age. Well, one without a good reason anyway. I try really hard to remember things. I do not use it as an excuse, even when it gets me into trouble.

My bad memory and retention is definitely the downside of my "La-di-da" personality. Most of the time it's terrific to be laid back. It serves me well and helps me keep my friends. However, considering the fact that I can see faces that I know (from childhood or last semester at church) and have no idea how I know them or who they are tells me I need to write stuff down.

The great thing that has happened as a result of writing this blog is that I actually retain more information - I think. Writing is definitely how I learned and studied in school, so it makes sense that writing helps me remember life, too. I have tried journaling before, which would theoretically have the same effect, but I end up getting distracted and either writing nothing or only half of something. So, I guess maybe this blog is about you after all! If no one was reading this thing, I probably wouldn't write it. So thanks for reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment