Friday, September 18, 2009

Comedy of Errors

It has been one of those days. A few bright spots have made me glad that I left the house, but the rest of the day has just been one "doh" after another. This is one Friday to which I will gladly bid "Adieu."

It started when Sophia woke up at 5:40 a.m. - in the morning - before dawn - even before her usual early start of 6:15!! Groaning would not accurately represent my displeasure at that particular turn of events.

Our morning at the gym went fine. Just like normal except I glanced into the Kid Zone, where Sophia spends her time during my workout, just in time to see her "playing" with one of her friends and pushing her down with the other girl's own stuffed animal! Ugh.

Then we headed out with our friends to an apple orchard in New Franklin. It was a perfect day for picking apples and hanging out with friends. The time at the orchard is definitely the bright spot in the day.

Here are all six kids.




Ava and Sophia enjoying the fruits of their labors...literally.




That was when things stopped going our way. Sophia was getting tired, so rather than waiting to follow someone home, since this was my first time out there, we just left. Anyone who knows me knows that was a bad idea. Long story short, a wrong turn cost twenty minutes on the trip home. That twenty minutes turned out to be just enough time for Sophia to grab a power nap, which prevented her from being able to sleep at home. Sigh.

Once we finally got home, I did have her lie down a few minutes, but that was quickly determined to be pointless. I decided that since she couldn't sleep, a bath would be a good way for her to relax and get off the orchard dust. It was a great idea, but I should have thought first about all those apples she ate at the orchard... Do I need to say more? I will anyway. I sat down in the chair in her room to let her play and shortly heard a "Mom, there's poop in my tub!" Ugh.

So after I got her cleaned up, I turned my attention to the tub and the toys. I was well into the process of cleaning her toys with bleach when I looked down to realize I was still wearing my new brown shirt. Dang. Bleach is not my friend. I have ruined many a good shirt because I'm too distracted by cleaning whatever it is that requires bleach to think about what's on my person.

The night's still young. But hopefully this is all the crap (literally and figuratively) I'll have to deal with today. Looking forward to Saturday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry about your day. For what it's worth Ava maintains they were "just playing!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. But you know it's still not okay. It's not been awful. If I wasn't tired, I would probably find it hilarious!

    ReplyDelete