Thursday, September 24, 2009

Making an Entrance

Well, I guess it's safe to say that Baby Henri likes to make an entrance. It's not my story, so let it suffice to say that after a little drama and some chaos, Henri David VanDyke has arrived, all 5 pounds, 9 ounces of himself. I haven't talked to his Momma today, but she has held him, so that's enough for me.

He'll spend a little while (I'm being vague because I don't know today's answers) in the NICU to have some help getting his lungs fully developed. He's beautiful. You're going to have to trust me on that, though, because all the pictures I took of him were on David's camera. So all I have is a picture from the night before.

Niki, Lori and I stopped by for a few minutes before bed (Niki spent the night) so we could have one last visit before Henri arrived. It's not Henri, but it will have to do...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, 1)How come we can't take a "normal" picture? 2)I love this. This photo, this picture, this version of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this picture. Not us. Only love for us. The picture....it hurts so good.

    ReplyDelete