Sunday, September 6, 2009

He IS that into her


Friday evening I had a sleepover with some girlfriends. We had a lot of fun together as always, but as it was my third night in a row to leave before Sophia went to bed, I wasn't thrilled to leave her.

Erick made up for it for Sophia by taking her on a date. It came about because Erick wanted to go to Bangkok Gardens (a nice Thai restaurant) for dinner, and I said if he was going to take Sophia there, he might as well call it a date. Sure enough, he took Sophia out on their first date. They were both excited about it. Particularly when I told Sophia that if someone eats a good dinner on her date, sometimes she gets ice cream afterwards. That seemed to sell the whole idea.

She wanted to put a little makeup on, so I helped out with that. Then she decided to wear her fancy pink shoes. She knows that simple is chic, so she didn't get too fancy for him. She has a very keen sense of matching style with location. Anyway, they had a great time, and she did, in fact, get some ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. My dad used to take me on "dates", too. Very special memories for her to remember and treasure.

    ReplyDelete