Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sometimes I...

...just feel shallow. I don't mean shallow as in I only make friends with people who look a certain way or have a certain status. I just mean shallow as in I'm not sure I had a thought deeper than "Is that laundry still in the dryer?" in the last 24 hours.

If I were to add much to that thought then I would not be shallow any more. So maybe I'll just leave it alone until tomorrow. Because after all, shallow is not always bad. The fact that I even notice it is probably a good thing. That means I'm used to living at a certain level of depth and sincerity and feel that something is off kilter when I'm not. Uh oh. That was not a shallow thought. So my 24 hours of shallow is officially over. It was fun while it lasted.

I also really like the word shallow. It has so many meanings and it sounds pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Shallow is also good if you fall in a body of water and do not know how to swim. I don't know if thats deep enough for you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Good thoughts. Sometimes the living of life just takes over and consumes our thoughts and that's refreshing. Just moving from one thing to the next, and that's all that occurs to us. Can be quite nice, a break from the depth that is usually present.

    ReplyDelete