Saturday, September 12, 2009

Girls Love Football

Our outing to The Zou without Erick and David was successful. If you followed the game at all, you know about the time I turned to Casey and said, "We should have just gone to a movie or something." I hate to admit that I said that, and no, I didn't really mean it. Not when it turned out to actually be a good game, and we actually ended up winning.

Tailgating was fun. This is the picture we got of the two of us together. Not terribly flattering, but it's going up anyway...



We tailgated with some friends of mine from the old workplace. None of us work there anymore obviously (as Governor Blunt didn't run for reelection), so it's great to get together now and then and catch up. This is Gabby. She wasn't around when I worked with her daddy, but I wish she was. She's awfully cute.



Just before we went into the game, we stopped by another friend's tailgate. Too late for food... But I took her picture anyway. Here's Casey with Alicia.



In the game, we sneaked past the ticket checkers at the top of each aisle so we could sit with my brother Seth and his wife Angie and their friends. Here they are. This must have been in between one of Seth's frequently chanted "I believe!"s from the first half.



There is a noticeable gap in picture taking because I decided the camera was pointless. Now I've decided the camera was bad luck. No more cameras at football games. Remind me of that. Obviously, my camera was jinxing us...

Because I didn't get it out again until I could capture the Tigers celebrating with the students!



It was such a stressful game. Unexpectedly so. I wasn't prepared for that, so I am pooped out beyond reason. My voice is gone. But I'm very proud of the way the Tigers battled back, even if it was Bowling Green. And the fans! Seriously, I've never been more impressed with a Mizzou crowd. They were seriously there to support the team. That was really a great feeling.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the pictures but wouldn't want to jinx them.

    ZOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. We asked our friend Jeff (who brought his new camera and was cosntantly snapping) to stop taking pictures until we started winning. He obliged.

    Glad we were around to help you get home last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madilyn turned to me halfway through the first half and asked, "Is this team made up of the same players that played last week?". So glad the second half turned around. We loved the game too -even though we left at the half b/c the kiddos were tired. I agree about the fans - it was great to be a part of it and I got a little emotional sitting there with my kids remembering when Brian and I went to games as students - it was great to introduce that environment to them. Go Tigers!

    ReplyDelete