Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Tryps



Today was Sophia's first day of class at Tryps. It's a youth theatre organization, and they start with classes from ten months and up. Originally, I had wanted to get Sophia into an afterschool acting class of Fancy Nancy design, but she's just not quite old enough. The irony is that she is at least nine months older than the other kids in this new class. Movin' and Groovin' is what it's called.

This morning before we left, Sophia had a meltdown because she didn't want to go to her school. I am never sure with her how much information to give. If I overload her with details, she seems to misunderstand and freak out. If I spring something on her at the last minute, I feel like a bad mom. But I guess I'll have to go with the latter from now on. She just had too much time to think about all the reasons she wouldn't like her class - the primary was my distance.

So I bribed her - with ice cream. She did have to agree to eat Taco Bell first, but that's not much of a demand. Anyway, I figured it was worth it. I did notice the long sideways glances as my not-quite-3-year-old was eating ice cream in the food court at 11 a.m. But she went to her class and loved it, so I guess I don't care.

It really was a success. She's looking forward to going back next week and told Daddy all about being the "big and oldest" one in her class. It's only four more weeks, so if anyone wants to join us after that, let me know!

Oh yeah, and she is singing "Cheese and macaronay" because I asked her to say "Cheese." Obviously. Isn't that how everyone responds to that request?

No comments:

Post a Comment