Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall in the District

This Sunday was one of those fantastic days for our family that I hope will be repeated but really can never be duplicated. Our morning was relaxing and fun. Church followed by a walk around the mall.

When Sophia woke up from her nap, we decided to bundle up and go for a walk downtown. Sophia wanted to ride in her big brown stroller, which keeps her snug since she's outgrown it. Of course, I'll not object since it keeps her warmer than an umbrella stroller and Erick and I don't have to carry her around the city.

I brought my camera with me since I've decided that The District, which is what Columbia wants to call the downtown area, is the best place we have access to in which to get some great shots. I was not disappointed.

Sophia was fairly cooperative since we were letting her run around in some cool spaces, climb on stairs and such. I think her profile is my very favorite thing to capture.



We walked down Orr Street off Walnut downtown. It's the newly developed area with Sven's, Orr Street Gallery, and here we're in front of what will soon be a Wilson's Gym.



Sophia wouldn't look at Erick while he was taking our picture. She chose instead to maul me.



We walked down a block to get her picture in front of her dance studio. Yes, after just one week, it's her dance studio. This is her reflection in the door.



Then we walked to the other side of downtown and walked a little around campus. We haven't been to the Quad since before Commencement in May, so Sophia was thrilled that she could actually run on the grass now!



This is when I decided it was time to put the camera away. She decided it was safer just to hide from me.



We continued our walk, talking and laughing the whole afternoon. I really don't think I can remember having a nicer time. Picture perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Simplest is often the sweetest! I have memories of such days, long gone, indelibly printed in my memory. I take them out to savor. And just when I think it's been too long since one happened, I am treated to another. Glad for your day. No doubt it will be in your treasure box forever. Love, LLZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! Thanks, Auntie, for reminding me that beautiful days never end - even when the scenes and seasons change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those unexpected "perfect" family days!

    ReplyDelete