Monday, October 26, 2009

Shopping Day

Sophia and I had a great Monday today in spite of the gray skies. For months, my mom and I have been trying to get a day to meet at the Outlet mall at Lake of the Ozarks, which is right about halfway. Because of her vacation and some random scheduling, she hasn't had a half day in several months, so we couldn't make it work.

Finally, we were able to arrange it today.

 


Imagine our delight when Dad happened to be serving jury duty this morning, finishing just in time to come with her!! We couldn't have scheduled it that way if we'd tried, but Sophia and I were both thrilled to have him along on girls' day out.

 


I love shopping with my mom. It really cracks me up how the flare for the sparkle and the drama in clothing selection has (mostly) skipped me and headed straight from my mom to Sophia. They nearly always agree on clothes, while I tend to think they're a bit . . . much? I've been reining my mom in for years on her clothes, although we almost always agree on my clothes. Now I'm going to just continue the battle the other direction. Oh well. Just another way to keep things interesting.

4 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful day! Always fun to shop with my girls and you didn't mention how Sophia picked a cute coordinating outfit for Henri all by herself while we were looking at another rack! I think we are going to have a lot more fun in the coming years!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I better keep working to keep the shopping option available.

    I'm glad you all got together. Sophia was very happy about some Grandma and Grandpa time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your family does know how to shop! Always an enjoyable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figure it's our responsibility to attempt to solely prop up the US economy right now. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete