Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sometimes I....

wish I had a more accurate filing system in my brain. You know when you meet someone that you just know you've met before, but it's just not coming to you. That happened to me today. I couldn't even narrow a time period. I thought about running through the list of my associations, employment and education just to see what stuck, but I decided that might be too much information for a first conversation. After all, I'm not sure I've ever met her before.

I'm just saying. If I could just reference her first, last or maiden name, I would have a nice little file telling me when and where we met. What was she wearing and what was her first impression on me? Did I make any silly comments during our previous interactions? This would all be helpful information.

Filing system in the brain. Or maybe I would just like my brain to retain stuff a little better. Regardless, I'd like to know how I know Tressa. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. When I have this happen, (and believe me, it happens a lot!) I just tell the other person they look really familiar. And ask if we've met before. ?? I don't know if that's a social faux pas or not. I figure at least I don't go wondering the rest of the day- just who was she/he, and then it comes to me in the middle. of. the stinking night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean Tressa Gilbreth from Woodcrest? Does that help, or is that not the one you are thinking of and I just made it worse?

    Lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1:30 in the morning, Lori. Thanks for reading my blog in the wee hours of the morning. But nope. Not that one.

    Sarah, we actually did exchange the usual "You look familiar. Have we met?" It just didn't produce anything...

    ReplyDelete