Thursday, October 1, 2009

Peace

At least I'm hoping that with Henri's triumphant homecoming to Timbers Court that he and his family can find some peace in their new routine...whenever that gets started!

I am so relieved that he's finally at home. Sophia was thrilled to get to see him today. She has declined all offers to go to the hospital. She associates that with her hand or something still. So we didn't push. Today when we started across the street, she asked if we were walking there. Then I realized she still didn't understand that Henri was home. When I told her that we were just going to William and Aaron's house because Henri's there, she gasped and said, "Oh! I can't wait!"

She was in love immediately. And seemed to just think this was like any other day. She held him for a moment and then moved on to play. She already apparently can't remember life without Henri. When we walked into our house, she said, "When Henri was gone at the doctor's office, I missed him! Now he's back and I can see him every time!"



I can only hope that she falls deeper and deeper in love with him...before he starts chewing on her stuff. It seemed to work well in her situation with the boys. They put up with that phase, and now they're great friends!

Can't wait to be a part of this beautiful boy's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment