Thursday, January 24, 2008

Old Man Winter


can kiss my grits. Seriously, this is ridiculous. Sophie got over the stomach stuff on Monday just in time to get a cold on Tuesday. This beloved cold is apparently some virus that has brought about bronchialitis or some such. After her morning nap, Sophia was grumpy and crying, even though our Parents as Teachers lady was there. Sophie loves her. Then, after refusing lunch, her temperature went up for the first time all week. So, I decided to take her in. She'll be fine, but she has to have breathing treatments every four to six hours until it goes away. The first breathing treatment was received about as well as sharp pointy things to her extremities might have been. Still, the doctor claims that it works even if all of her air is going out...in screams...

I am so sick of winter.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear Sophie's not feeling well. One of my friends-a single mom-has a 3mo old little girl and the mom had her wisdom teeth cut out Tues. a.m. and the baby came down sick at the same time. I took her to the doc and she has rsv so I've learned to do breathing treatments too--fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Creach, sorry to hear about the sicknesses! These kids are such magnets for these kinds of things, aren't they? Hope she gets to feeling better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Dr. Beal said one time that if the kid is screaming, they are actually getting better breathing treatments (pulling the medicine deep into the lung). "Thanks for nothing," I said.

    Good times.

    ReplyDelete