Monday, January 28, 2008

Update

Just thought I should throw out an update on my hatred of winter. It still stands. After starting the albuterol breathing treatments on Thursday, I expected to see some improvement by now. Sophia sometimes seems like she's doing a little better, but each night seems to get a little worse. So I took her back this morning. After listening to her breathing, the doctor said that she now has pneumonia. With antibiotics and increased frequency in breathing treatments, she will be fine. I'm still going back on Wednesday just so they can tell for sure. I just really feel bad for Sophia. She hasn't felt good in weeks. Now at least we have a little better idea of what we're dealing with. Just thought you should know why you folks in CoMo haven't seen much of me lately, and no one else has heard much from me either.

Side note, I did go on a retreat with some people from my church this weekend. So Erick and Sophia were all alone for 30 hours or so. I think they both had a great time. I know I did. It was so great just to have some stimulating intellectual and spiritual discussions, not to mention games and snacks. Erick and I haven't had the energy or the chance to talk in weeks. I should have gotten more sleep, but it was just refreshing not to be listening for the next cough. So, thank you, Erick for a much needed break!

His pay for being primary caretaker was being the recipient of Sophia's sweetest moment to date. They had been playing and reading for a while, when Sophia went to find a new book to read. She came back with the book and was wearing her sweet, loving look. Yes, she has one - she's expressive, remember? Anyway, before she sat down on his lap, she kissed him on the nose and said, "Uv you." Sigh. Saved for Daddy, of course, but he deserves it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, poor Sophia! Precious even when she's sick. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete