Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sick Day




We had a 16-month streak going, and it's broken. Sophia had never really thrown up from being sick. Of course she has thrown up during those 16 months. Many, many times. But it was never the kind that made her cry. You know what I'm talking about. This morning that all came to a screeching halt. We knew it was inevitable. I won't give any details, but suffice it to say that we are still doing laundry - mine and Sophia's. I think she is over the worst part. She has kept down some of Erica's chicken and rice casserole and a few crackers. We have spent most of the day just cuddling. As you can see, she is an equal opportunity spooner. The silver lining.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, poor baby! I hate throwing up, it's so humbling. Give her hugs and kisses from Aunt Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sophia! That makes my heart hurt. She is a beautiful little girl even when she's sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Laurie. BOO to that! We were wondering where you guys were yesterday and today. I hope you have more time to snuggle and love on that precious girl. Hope she is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete