Tuesday, July 29, 2008

If only she could carry a tune


Well, I don't know if Sophia will ever display musical talent, but when looking at myself and Erick, it's at least safe to say that her voice will not be her livelihood. This doesn't stop her from singing at every chance. I have tried to catch video evidence of such, but I always catch the last line. Plus, her current favorite places to sing are the car and the bath. Not excellent places for me to use my hands on a camera.

Her favorites to sing are "Rock-a-bye, Baby," "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and of course, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

Yesterday in the car, she actually brought a tear to my eye. She asked me to hand her Lulu and then told me how they were "Snuggle Bears." That's something we call her when she wants to 'nuggle us. But then....she began to sing "You are My Sunshine" to Lulu while holding her. She actually got most of the words right, too, but that didn't matter. Really, what I loved most about that moment is knowing that she actually listens and obviously feels loved in those moments that I hold her and sing to her. What a special moment!

2 comments:

  1. These have all been such great pictures, Laurie! Send Sophia down here. She would right in with my karaoke family.
    May I suggest a kid's karaoke machine for her birthday coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. We have thought of that, and it will probably happen. I have a new song to post today. :)

    ReplyDelete