Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Something to watch for

Sophia is a flirt. We have known it all along, but it just becomes more and more evident all the time. Last night we had dinner with my friend Tracey and her friend (*wink, wink*) Ben. I told Sophia that they were coming and she immediately started asking, "Where Ben?" Never mind the fact that she had never met the man. It was a man; particularly a man who was of some interest to a woman. That seems to be key. She can sense the competition.

When Erick came home from work last night, Sophia screamed, "Hi, Ben!" So we were not surprised that she seemed to be smitten at first glance. Tracey tried to bring things back around to Jim for a moment, but Sophia was not swayed. After dinner, Sophia held my hand and walked up to Ben and said, "Come p'ay with me p'ease, Ben?" Then she ran with her face in her hands to the other room. Of course what choice did the man have at that moment?

Anyway, I'm just saying. We've got to watch out for this kid. I suppose Erick's such a good daddy that she just feels safe and happy when she's around men. That's what we'll assume until proven otherwise. Of course she was happy to Tracey last night too. But when they were leaving, they both got hugs, but only Ben got kisses blown to him. . .

1 comment:

  1. We so enjoyed the evening and are still talking about how funny and smart Sophie is (and you guys too of course)! I think the chef's hat was one of my favorite moments of the visit. Too cute! We will return the favor soon!

    ReplyDelete