Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Younger Man


Dear Erick

You are my dearest friend, and I am so in love with you. It should be impossible to have it all, but we're proof that anything is possible.

For your birthday, I want you to feel the summer breeze and be reminded of how loved you are. I want you to see tonight's sunset and recall how much I admire you. You know it's true, but I want you to feel the truth of it all over again.

On your birthday, I want you to look around and see a hundred or maybe a thousand reminders of the countless times we have laughed till our stomachs ached. I can't wait to laugh that hard with you again. I want you to hear our contented sighs in the song of the cicadas. Every song you hear will be our song.

Really, I guess I want you to experience what I enjoy every day. The world around me makes me think of you. Our joys and pains. Mostly how much I like you. I need you. It's not that I couldn't live without you. It's more. Each and every day, I choose this life with you and it makes me happy. Hope it makes you happy today, too.

Happy Birthday

LJ

1 comment: