Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Weekend In Review

I didn't spend Erick's birthday with him. Before you feel too sorry for him - he went to a late movie, slept in and went to the driving range while I was chasing Sophia all over God's green earth. Sophia and I went to St. Charles and spent the night with my mom, aunt and cousin. Shopping and eating were our primary objectives, and we were very successful. Here we are enjoying the historic sights of St. Charles. (Polka dots were the weekend's theme. That should explain the scarves, I hope.)

And here are Sophia and Carrie bonding by the river!

I was home by 1 on Saturday, and the rest of the weekend was spent simply enjoying one another. I think my birthday letter did the trick. We just relaxed and chatted and watched Sophia run and talk wildly. Her vocabulary and speed of words has increased exponentially in the last few weeks. We can hardly keep up now!

Anyway, this was a Monday morning that I actually felt more rested than weary, which is saying something since Sophia woke up with a cough again in the night. Now I just have to maintain that feeling for the week!

2 comments:

  1. It was grand and I love the picture of Carrie and Sophia! That look sums up our weekend.

    Mom,sister,aunt and grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GRAND in that first picture!! Even throwing the hip with attitude. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete