Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's my birthday

It was pointed out to me that in my earlier blog I said yesterday was my birthday. Nope. It's today. I will chalk that up to lack of sleep and a congested brain.

Your birthday is a chance to celebrate yourself and enjoy life for what it is in that moment. At least that's what I'm declaring it to be. However, like most people, celebrating me is much easier said than done. So I decided that the best way of doing that would be to write a list of some of the things I like best in this world. Most of these have never before been on my Top Five List. It feels like maybe I've done this before, but one of the things I have to celebrate about myself when I'm being honest is that I am a little scatterbrained and have a really bad memory. (See first paragraph above) That's why I tell the same "had to be there" stories to some people and forget to tell important things to others. It is just me, but that doesn't mean I don't try to do better. This time, however, it's my birthday so I'm just not even going to try. Of course, you don't actually have to READ the list, but it's here all the same.

Porch swings
Time by myself
Knowing what makes some people laugh (i.e. penguins or people falling down)
Saying the word "ass"
Old barns

Sarcasm
Voting
Corny, predictable romantic comedies
Off-the-wall Indy Films
Saved By the Bell (not the College Years, and DEFINITELY not the New Class)

Watching someone realize there's more to life
Creeks
Irony
Spotting PDA on the sly (i.e. a pat on the bottom by an old couple)
Laughing really hard
Refrigerator magnets

Crying
Knowing the truth
Being okay with questions
Music
Singing really loud to songs every knows
Variety
Tiger football (and Gary Pinkel)

My back
Background noise
Little girls' shoes
Coffee shops
Words and lists of words

Oh Look! That was 28 things! What a coincidence.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful day in celebration of you. The time you take to put down what you think about life is inspiring to me. I'm in awe of you!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day a day late!!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. We all were glad when you were born! And now, you are a Mother yourself, what great joy!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete