Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Two, You!

My Dear Big Girl,

You are one of my very favorite people. I even think your own company rivals my own!

Your sense of humor (and knowledge of when to use it) astounds me. Your perceptions of people are impressive. Of course you get these traits from me, along with being a bad morning person. Your dad offers drama and intelligence in spades (that means in excess.) That, my dear, makes you a very dangerous 2-year-old.

I love to watch you with others. You are starting to be more aware of yourself and that makes you the tiniest bit more shy. However, given the slightest encouragement, that shell comes peeling off, revealing a heart just bursting with love. I love what you do for our little family. I also love to see you thrive under our care. I am so proud of your successes and failures. Even as a toddler, you're becoming aware of your mistakes. I'm so grateful that you seem willing to accept yourself in spite of these and willing to make things right with others that you hurt. We'll both make mistakes during these next 16 years, but I'm so happy to be entrusted with your care.

Have a happy day, Sophia, learning to be independent. Needing to be dependent. Brightening our lives and broadening our worlds. We'll try to help you along the way, and we'll be willing to accept your help when it comes too.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment