Sunday, September 21, 2008

She can open doors

I figured out that Sophia can open doors the other day. The first time she brought me a snack from the pantry to open, I thought I had just left the door cracked. The second time she came around the corner with a giant pretzel container, I realized it was her doing. Sure enough, She can twist and pull. Caught her red-handed.

We had to put on the child proof door handle on the pantry door. She knows which doors are important. When Sophia gets into trouble, she gets some time alone, usually in our bedroom. The door opening became an issue there, too. She wouldn't come out all the way. She'd just open our door and look at me. When I asked if she was ready to be nice, I got a "Not yet, Mommy," and a closed door. She did that several times before she decided she was ready to be nice. We'd probably be the only people with a child proof inside bedroom door handle. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

1 comment:

  1. I love a person who knows their mind. "Not yet mommy," so cute.

    ReplyDelete