Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Wonderful Weekend

As odd as it sounds, wonderful weekends generally make me dread Monday less. I guess that's the way it works when I actually do get a little replenished and enjoy each moment of the weekend. This weekend was one of those. Saturday was spent in complete relaxation. We went garage saling in the Fretwells' neighborhood. Then spent a little time at the Farmers Market. That was a lot of fun too. The rest of Saturday was spent in play and rest. Sophia took a very long nap, and we took advantage of it by napping ourselves. That was too wonderful for words. Our friends the Chandlers came over for dinner. It was our first "date," and they all passed with flying colors. Isn't it funny how making friends as adults is a lot like dating? Sometimes everything looks great on paper, but you just can't make it work. Other times...it's destiny! Well, a little dramatic, but you get the point.

Sunday was my favorite. After church and lunch, I went to get my hair cut. I went shorter this time, and I love it.


Then. . . Erick gave me the rest of the afternoon alone! It was fabulous. I wandered around the mall doing pretty much nothing. I wasn't efficient about where I went. I tried on clothes! Just talking about it gives me chills. Anyway, suffice it to say that I had a really good time. Erick and Sophia did too. She was a daddy's girl all weekend. Those are my absolute favorite weekends!

The final movement of our weekend was dinner at Bambino's with David and Casey and the boys. Not to let the secret out, but kids eat free on Sunday nights, and what kid doesn't love pasketi? After supper, we made the short walk to Lee Elementary, where Aaron will be attending school some day (in the fall, but I don't want to say it.)

2 comments: