Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Or maybe not...


We had a great weekend. Voo Doo is a great dog. He's just not our great dog. His foster mom is coming to pick him up tonight after work.

There wasn't any single thing or even a few big things that we could point to in order to explain why we feel the need to take our free pass during the trial period. Basically, we aren't ready for a dog in this house - particularly not a dog's dog. He is big and loud and all dog. The problem is that these things are exactly what I DO want in a dog. Weird, huh. With Sophia and all the work she takes right now it's just impossible to transition a dog into our lives smoothly. I wasn't going to go into a list of reasons. I'll stop myself.

As I was walking in the rain being pulled by his leash, pushing Sophia in a stroller with all three of us getting soaked, I realized that we had made the right decision.

We are going to miss Voo Doo. Sophia will miss him badly...for a while at least. The boys will miss having him around too. Even though he just liked to watch them from a reclined position, it was still fun for them. All right. Bye Voo Doo.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry it happened this way, but we had a good weekend! I saw you coming back in the rain and thought it was shirley confirming your decision. Guess LuLu will have to do for now.

    P.S. If you need someone to return CDs, a borrowed shirt, etc. I'll be happy to go get it or return it, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it didn't work out, I enjoyed meeting Voo Doo but the hair alone would've been too much for me. You can borrow Max anytime!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't understand- sorry I never met him, he sounded like a wonderful dog
    cjm

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least Sophia didn't start right in on her illegal dog breeding that I warned you about. Just seemed like a potential recipe for disaster, or at least a recipe for illegal dog breeding.

    ReplyDelete