Thursday, May 8, 2008

She is back!



My baby is becoming more and more her sweet and nutty self. I am so glad. It has been a rough couple of weeks with her not feeling well. She is still not quite physically 100%, although I'm not sure what that would look like. She is still sleeping a lot during the day (not a complaint, mind you). It's just different.

Yesterday, we got out just a little bit for a WalMart run. We would have spent more time out, but we got our Ikea bed delivered....about 3 hours later than expected. Anywho...Sophia wore her rain jacket, although I'm not sure why. She refuses to put her hood up. She screams as though I'm smothering her with it. When we got home, I let her run around in the rain for a little while and she was beside herself with glee. You don't think this is why I have a constantly sick kid, do you? Don't judge me! Sorry, I just wanted to throw that one in there again. Actually, I don't think it was raining any more, but there was still water coming out of our gutter. Don't judge Erick!

Last night, Sophia and Erick went Mother's Day shopping for me. Apparently they had a grand time. Sophia discovered the Hallmark cards that are nearly as big as her - and they sing! Erick told me that the first one she opened just made her laugh hysterically and say, "I yike it!" over and over again. Then she started opening them and putting them on the floor so she could dance. I'd say she is getting back to herself. Yeah!

We're going to Springfield this weekend to visit my parents, so hopefully this attitude adjustment bodes well for our journey.

1 comment:

  1. I would judge you because of your insane, dangerous drinking problem.

    -Ussery, Mike

    ReplyDelete