Saturday, May 3, 2008

A War for our Generation


I don't make too many social or political statements on this blog. That is largely because my social and political ideals are being wrapped up in an 18-month-old at the moment. This social statement is one that I am working very hard on heeding myself. This video was posted on Greg Boyd's blog and it got to me as they always do. What more can I say about it? How much is enough? To whom should we offer more of our precious resources? You know what, there is someone closer than you think who is living in poverty. That is the sad fact. Find them. Help eliminate poverty in their life.

All we can do is enough.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the video. I feel that all the 'prosperity" that some have experienced has blinded many to the fact that all have not enjoyed the benefits. The choices of how to use 'prosperity" appears to be alarmingly apparent.....self-gratification, often leading to addiction, degradation, and abuse of the resources God has given us to share with others. I feel so encouraged to know that your generation seems to be interested in awakening others to the desperate needs for basic life essentials that is destined to grow even more as the economy roller coaster continues to deflate the myth that wealth and ease is the only meaningful goal to pursue.

    Hope that you and Sophia are on the mend. It is exhausting when those little ones are sick! Love, LLZ

    ReplyDelete