Friday, May 2, 2008

The Saga Continues



I thought we were finally on the road to peace and tranquility as it came to Sophia's health. A little bump on the road with the allergies, but all in all headed in the right direction. Wednesday we took her to the doctor to follow up on some pesky fluid in her ears. It was still there but less. I took her home and put her down for her nap. She woke with a 102 fever. Have I already told you this? I could look, but I'm too tired. Anyway, she's had a fever ever since. She has slept in our bed for two nights with her fever getting as high as 105, which is what it was when I took her again today.

She has a little fluid in her lungs again; we'll call that pneumonia. She also has a bit of an ear infection again. She is so sad and pathetic with this fever and all this yuckiness. These pictures are from her hour of life after a breathing treatment and steroid. Her hair is in a ponytail because it's so dirty. She will never let us give her a bath when she has a fever. She freaks out if we carry her anywhere near the tub. Anyway, the sad story continues.

I got my stitches out today. I'll post a picture some day when I have the energy. Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment