Friday, May 16, 2008

The Gift o' Gab



Some have said that I have it, and many would agree that Erick doesn't shy from a chat. I think we have blessed (or cursed) Sophia with the same qualities of gab. She has always been more concerned with talking than anything related to physical development. She can still hardly crawl, but boy can she talk! We're really enjoying carrying on lengthy conversations with her now. One of my favorite little quirks she has is that when she talks about, or to, Erick she almost always says "My Daddy." She never uses the possessive for me, so it seems pretty special. It's just so sweet.

Speaking of sweet, tonight on the way home, my heart was melted for maybe the 14th time today when she said, "Mommy very sweet." Of course I agree, but I'm just glad she notices. (Just to be fair, this was shortly followed with "My daddy sweet," but still.)

Just for fun, a few of our favorites: nadybugs and nook at dis! (most of her L's come out as N's if they are at the beginning), "More juicies pease." Also every time we pull into a parking lot or garage, she shouts, "I ready!" as if we have previously been doubtful that she would be willing to get out of her carseat. One of her first phrases that is still repeated frequently is "Where go?" Obviously, she uses that frequently because I tend to lose things. The best, of course, is "I yuv you." She will say this to pretty much anyone who says it to her, but I still love to hear it.

One last example - tonight we were talking about the stars on her drink cup and she came up with "Up above" all on her own (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star). I was pretty impressed. Needless to say, I don't expect anyone else to be as impressed with all this as we are, but I keep saying I need to write this stuff down. Might as well get a blog post out of it, right?

3 comments:

  1. Please know that Bryan & I are very impressed with Sophia's special words and love to hear about them. What a special family you are - Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the words. She's a girl after my own heart... Way to go with writing this stuff down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh write it down- we all love it too. I can't wait to hear her say she loves me! be sure to give her a hug and kiss for me for all her good work. cjm

    ReplyDelete