Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homebodies


All three of us explored our homebody side this weekend. That was a big deal considering we're usually a family that is happiest on the go. On Saturday morning, we were beginning to get ready to head out to the Farmer's Market and garage sales, but Sophia said, "I'll stay at my house." Since she's not old enough to stay by herself, we decided to stay home with her. Really, it sounded great. We all stayed in our pajamas until noon. I actually got a lot accomplished around the house on Saturday, and all three of us had a great day just running rampant through our house in our pajamas.

Here's Sophia reading in her pj's.

Here I am drinking coffee in my pj's. This is proof that your entertainment and an occasional chuckle is more important to me than my reputation as a fashionista.

After Sophia went to bed, we got to watch the Tigers tromp Nebraska. That was just the best. I am still getting used to being a fan of a good team. It's a feeling I'm more than happy to get used to, though.

Today was a similar story, although we did get out this morning to go to church and celebrate Erick's mom's birthday with her over lunch.

We enjoyed getting out, but we were happy to get back to our house and stay here the rest of the day. I'm not even sad to have missed out on what appeared from my window to be a fabulous, sunny fall weekend. I'm getting sinus trouble anyway...

4 comments:

  1. Laurie - I thought you looked stunning in your PJs. Sounded like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely pj's! haha I was actually at that game--only I was cheering for Nebraska! (Actually my husband is a Husker fan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your pjs look like pjs. I think you look very comfy.

    ReplyDelete